Hinkle Environmental Services, LLC is part of a tradition of excellence and quality that stretches back to the 1940’s, when Buckner Hinkle (Henry and Tom’s father and Will’s grandfather) created Hinkle Contracting Corporation, the first Hinkle-run company.
From 1945 through the early 1960’s, Hinkle Contracting acquired multiple bituminous hot-mix plants and limestone quarries (current holdings include 15 hot-mix plants and six limestone quarries), and projects included bridges, culverts, highway resurfacing projects, the construction of the Bert Combs Mountain Parkway, Bluegrass Parkway, and the Western Kentucky Parkway.
By the 1970’s, Hinkle Contracting had become a joint owner of Bourbon Limestone company. Other joint ventures included pavement projects in Guatemala and El Salvador. Other notable projects include Hinkle’s partnership with Walker Construction to crush approximately four million tons of stone for the Toyota Motor Manufacturing facility in Georgetown.
For more information regarding the history of Hinkle-run businesses, click here.
The Hinkle family’s environmental services work began in the late 1990’s as a division of Hinkle Contracting. In 2012, Hinkle Environmental Services was launched, adding yet another element to the Hinkle tradition of outstanding service in the highway construction industry.
“We’re very proud of the fact that at the time of our official launch, the HES management team already had two decades of experience,” HES President Will Hinkle said. That experience has helped make it possible for HES to achieve its mission of providing the outstanding levels of rapid response and time utilization necessary to ensure public safety for slope stabilization and slide repair projects in the environmental services industry.
“As we continue the work that my father began in the 1940’s, we are also determined to continue our family’s tradition of meeting our customers’ needs and creating repeat customers,” Chairman of Hinkle Environmental Services Henry Hinkle said.
Examples of Hinkle Environmental Services projects include:
- Christian County, KY / Oak Grove KY Intersection Realignment of KY115 and KY911 ($3.95 M)
- Boone County, KY / River Road Embankment Stabilization ($1.7 M Emergency project for KY Highway Department)
- Mercer County, KY US68Highway Safety Improvements on US68 ($3.5 M)
- Breathitt County, KY / Dawkins Trail Phase III Railroad Track Conversion --10 miles of railroad tracks converted to a walking and horseback riding trail ($1.65 M)
- Kenova / West VA Walker’s Branch Road Slide Repair ($1.3M)
- Slide Repairs for Whitley County Fiscal Court (KY)
- Leslie County, KY Drilling / Slide Repairs (over $1.5 M on demand projects for Leslie County Fiscal Court from 2014-16)
- Old Frankfort Pike, KY1681 District 7
- Bourbon County, KY North Middletown Road Safety Improvement Project
- KY Underground Storage Tank Program (yearly since 1998)